Review: Sony Internet Player with Google TV a welcome addition to the living room
For years we’ve heard how the Internet is going to revolutionize TV, and we’ll be able to watch web content straight on our TV without any fuss.
That,for the most part, has been false. Getting the Internet to look and work well on a gigantic screen has been a challenge, one that perhaps Apple hasn’t yet mastered.
So it was with cautious optimism that I fired up Sony’s new Internet player powered by Google TV, technically known as the NSZ-GS7.
The device can play everything form .AVI to .MKV video files, and browse the Internet on the web.
- Google Nexus Player: Like Chromecast, but bigger – is it better?
- Review: The size is right with HTC’s Nexus 9
- Toshiba Chromebook or Asus Chromebox – which is better?
- Google steps inside Apple’s home with updated Google Search app
- New Google Chromebooks have Canadian connection, now available here
- Google offering discounts to celebrate Play store’s birthday
- Review: Sony Xperia Ion