WorldCard Mobile business card reader
WorldCard Mobile is an app that helps scan, store and organize your business card collection in a digital format on your phone.
Fire up the app and then scan any business card. The app then uses character recognition to translate the numbers and letters printed on the card into relevant data, grouping a contact’s information by name, number, email address…well you get the idea.
If the app doesn’t automatically recognize whether someone’s phone number is their office or cell number, you can manually add that in. But for the most part, the app gets it.
You can then add this new contact info to your phone’s address book, or send it to the cloud using Google Contacts. And if they didn’t include their Twitter or Facebook information info on their business card, you can look them up with the help of the app.
It’s available for iOS devices.
- Findit – app helps to drill down and find files and emails on your iPhone
- IKEA Catalog app lets you see furniture in your room using augmented reality
- Boyfriend tracking app: creepy and crazy or helpful intelligence?
- Scotia iTrade launches new iPad app for couch investing
- Several iOS apps free for App Store’s fifth birthday
- Apple’s new iOS 7 looks for inspiration to please
- Tiles app splits up photos into multiple frames on iPhone
- Cruise Control app plays the right music for runners
- Pokki App for Windows 8 brings back the start button
- App Baby Doze helps put babies to sleep