Facebook teams up with Helene Campbell to ‘Like’ organ donation
A 20-year-old woman who crusaded for a double-lung transplant, with the help of Justin Bieber and social media, is joining forces with Facebook to help others looking for an organ transplant.
Facebook is adding a new feature that will allow you to tell others that you’re an organ donor. The thinking is that it will help spread the word that organ donation isn’t all that taboo – and share how important it is that people offer up what they can for organ donation.
For those living under a rock, Helene got Justin Bieber to tweet his support for organ donation early this year. Then, she wound up on the Ellen DeGeneres show via a Skype when she made a plea to find an organ donor.
Helene recently got the double-lung transplant she needed to save her life.
But going back to the new announcement – Facebook users can now share their organ donation status with friends on the world’s largest social network.
- Woman posts ‘happy’ photo to Facebook before fatal crash
- Facebook launches ‘trending’ feature
- Report Says YouTube Overtakes Facebook, Among Teens
- Facebook stock price hurting with fewer teen users? Probably not for long
- Facebook could expand facial recognition function – can you opt out?
- ‘Facebook facelift’ — would you go under the knife for a profile pic?
- Facebook’s new search function goes deep into your past
- The most popular place to Celebrate Canada Day was…
- ‘Digital Dementia’ a rising problem due to smartphone addiction
- Facebook aims to axe the clutter with new News Feed design