Facebook could make you fat and poor: study
All that time spent stalking your friends on Facebook isn’t just creepy, it might also be making you fat and poor, according to a new study.
Researchers at Columbia University and the University of Pittsburgh analyzed the behaviour of Facebook users.
For starters, what they found was that people got a positive uptick in self esteem and well-being after getting updates and sharing content with friends on Facebook.
But, according to the results of the research – previewed by Forbes – there could be a negative effect after.
- Woman posts ‘happy’ photo to Facebook before fatal crash
- Facebook launches ‘trending’ feature
- Report Says YouTube Overtakes Facebook, Among Teens
- Facebook stock price hurting with fewer teen users? Probably not for long
- Facebook could expand facial recognition function – can you opt out?
- How to work out at the cottage on vacation
- ‘Facebook facelift’ — would you go under the knife for a profile pic?
- Facebook’s new search function goes deep into your past
- The most popular place to Celebrate Canada Day was…
- Cruise Control app plays the right music for runners