How to get more apps in Windows 8 by changing the location
While Microsoft is pumping a lot of money into Windows 8 app development, not all are accessible to Canadians.
It seems many app developers, when selecting the region or their apps, pick the United States instead of the rest of the world…or even North America.
So if you’re in Canada, great magazine apps like Zinio are ruled out. But there is a trick to beat the system that Microsoft hasn’t figured out.
All you need to do is change your region from Canada to the United States.
- Swipe in from the right side and select the search button
- Select ‘Settings’ right underneath the search box
- Type in ‘location’ and then hit enter to search
- Select ‘Change location’ from the search results
- Select United States from the drop-down menu and then hit OK
And you’re done!
Note: You might need to close and re-start the Store app before the changes are reflected.
- Findit – app helps to drill down and find files and emails on your iPhone
- IKEA Catalog app lets you see furniture in your room using augmented reality
- Boyfriend tracking app: creepy and crazy or helpful intelligence?
- Scotia iTrade launches new iPad app for couch investing
- Several iOS apps free for App Store’s fifth birthday
- Tiles app splits up photos into multiple frames on iPhone
- Cruise Control app plays the right music for runners
- Microsoft enables Windows 8 Flash support in IE 10
- Pokki App for Windows 8 brings back the start button
- Review: Microsoft Surface Pro a mixed bag