And the most popular location to Instagram a photo is…
The world’s largest photo-centric social media platform has released a list of the most popular places in the world to post a photo in 2012.
So, where in the world do most photos get posted from? You’d be surprised.
No, it’s not Times Square in New York City. Nor was it the site of the Closing Ceremony from this summer’s Olympic Games (though the Spice Girls concert got a lot of people Tweeting).
The most popular place in the world to post an Instagram photo from was the Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok, Thailand.
According to a post on Instagram’s blog, more than 100,000 pictures were snapped at the BKK airport in 2012.
- New wave of ‘dronies’ seek to make ‘selfies’ obsolete
- Stunning photos taken by two Russian daredevils on Shanghai Tower
- Instagram users: prepare for ads in your photo streams
- Tweets from people, businesses & brands don’t match up
- Alleged Rob Ford crack video prompts video game
- Tiles app splits up photos into multiple frames on iPhone
- Olympus launches new Stylus Tough cameras at CES
- iPhoto for the iPad – photo editing at your fingertips
- Instagram backtracks on change that could let them sell your photos
- Facebook launches new Android messaging app in Canada