What makes Apple’s 40 billion app downloads special?
Apple tossed out a big number yesterday, boasting about how many apps it has sold. But is that number really significant? No, not really. There was another number that was even more meaningful – the number of apps downloaded just last year.
But just to review the basics:
The thing is, however, is that half of all those downloads – 20 billion – were in 2012 alone.
The App Store has been around for a few years already, so for Apple to say they’ve had half of all those downloads in the past 12 months alone is like saying Justin Bieber got half of all his fans in the last year. He’s not quite an overnight success.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+
- Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3: affordable performance
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge goes upscale
- Google Nexus Player: Like Chromecast, but bigger – is it better?
- Review: The size is right with HTC’s Nexus 9
- Review: Moto 360 smartwatch looks good, but segment still growing
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Review: Sturdy Android phone packs punch
- Motorola Moto G LTE : a high-value Android phone
- Samsung Galaxy NotePro 12.2 Review: Big screen tablet that doesn’t come cheap
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to Canada