Woman arrested for trying to sell her kids on Facebook
We’ve seen people attempt to sell things on the Facebook Marketplace before – from used textbooks to cars – but this sets a new precedent.
According to NewsOK, 22-year-old Misty VanHorn was arrested on Wednesday. Police allege two children were being sold, over Facebook, to another woman.
One child was two years old and the other was just a 10-month-old.
The woman was trying to get $1,000 for the older child, but reportedly offered to sell both for $4,000 – not quite a two-for-one-deal.
Want did she want to do with the money? Apparently, she wanted to bail her boyfriend out of jail and needed just $1,000.
Ironically, VanHorn’s bail is set at $40,000.
NewsOK reports that the woman was detained in custody while her kids were placed into the care of the state’s Department of Human Services.
To try and seal the deal to sell her kids, the woman offered the potential buyer a chance to get all the things required to take care of the child.
“Just come to Sallisaw, it’s only 30 minutes away and I’ll give you all of her stuff and let y’all have her forever for $1,000,” according to the Daily Dot.
What’s been the most outrageous thing you’ve seen someone try to sell over Facebook?
- Woman posts ‘happy’ photo to Facebook before fatal crash
- Facebook launches ‘trending’ feature
- Report Says YouTube Overtakes Facebook, Among Teens
- Facebook stock price hurting with fewer teen users? Probably not for long
- Facebook could expand facial recognition function – can you opt out?
- ‘Facebook facelift’ — would you go under the knife for a profile pic?
- Facebook’s new search function goes deep into your past
- The most popular place to Celebrate Canada Day was…
- Facebook aims to axe the clutter with new News Feed design
- Brazil an emerging hotbed for social media: reports