Photos of possible new BlackBerry leaked
The images, which were soon removed from the initial source but still accessible through other avenues, show a smartphone that closely resembles the Q10.
Half of the handset’s front shows a 3.1-inch touchscreen. The other half shows a QWERTY keyboard with actual clicky buttons (bulkier than the Q10’s slim keyboard).
They’re calling the phone the R10.
Other features this mystery handset is rumoured to have include a 5-megapixel camera, a bump down from the 8-megapixel unit found on the Q10.
The site also says the rumoured R10 has a lower-capacity battery and 8 GB of storage.
With those kinds of specs, it seems like the R10 is a watered-down version of the range-topping Z10 and Q10.
But the watered-down version could be a good thing, if the company formerly known as RIM wants to get more smartphones in the hands of more people.
Heck – even Apple is rumoured to be coming out with a budget (cheaper) iPhone this year.
So if BlackBerry comes out with a cheaper phone, the R10, do you think that will drastically help the company?
- 5 of the funniest things ex-BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins said – The Next Web
- Review: BlackBerry Q10
- BlackBerry needs to sort itself out – urgently
- Is the new BlackBerry Z10 really good?
- Ten things to know about BlackBerry 10
- Should you get the new BlackBerry Z10?
- Preview: BlackBerry 10 helps RIM get up to speed, but is that enough?
- RIM investigating case of exploding BlackBerry
- Review: RIM BlackBerry PlayBook 4G LTE