Scotia iTrade launches new iPad app for couch investing
There are several sites and apps, and now there’s a new one entering the fray: Scotia iTrade.
The Globe ranked iTrade fourth overall out of 12 in its list of online brokers, so the service seems to be doing something reasonably well.
The iTrade app is built from the ground-up for Apple’s tablet, taking advantage of the screen real estate to display charts, numbers and tabs to sort through your portfolio – or to sort through stocks you might be interested in buying and selling.
Users can drag their finger across the screen to draw their own trend lines and analyze trends to inform their investment decisions.
The charting tool also lets users check out a wide group of overlays of important indicators, such as moving averages, RSI MACD and Bollinger Bands.
While the iTrade app offers research reports from various outlets, it’s also worth highlighting here a great app for investors to research U.S. equities is Stock Guru.
And if you’re not a tablet guy or gal, check out Vuru.com for algorithm-supported analysis.
Which apps do you use for stock trading on your mobile devices? Why do you like them?
- Findit – app helps to drill down and find files and emails on your iPhone
- IKEA Catalog app lets you see furniture in your room using augmented reality
- Boyfriend tracking app: creepy and crazy or helpful intelligence?
- Several iOS apps free for App Store’s fifth birthday
- Tiles app splits up photos into multiple frames on iPhone
- Cruise Control app plays the right music for runners
- Pokki App for Windows 8 brings back the start button
- App Baby Doze helps put babies to sleep
- Apple launches 128 GB iPad
- Workout Trainer – an app to push you harder in the gym