Woman posts ‘happy’ photo to Facebook before fatal crash
If you need another example of why people shouldn’t text and drive, a North Carolina woman has provided it.
Courtney Sanford, 32, was driving along when she posted a photo of herself in her car, happy that she was listening to Pharell’s song ‘Happy.’
The woman’s last Facebook post went up at 8:33 a.m. – and drivers report the accident occurring at 8:34 a.m.
According to a local news report, Sanford drifted across the median and into oncoming traffic, smashing head-on into a big truck.
Seriously people, texting/Facebooking/emailing and driving don’t mix.
- New technology will tell drivers when traffic lights change
- How to make your old car smart
- Three years later, traditional cab companies ready to compete with Uber
- 2015 Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto: 10 cars to see
- Self-driving cars – the best part of CES
- Facebook launches ‘trending’ feature
- Report Says YouTube Overtakes Facebook, Among Teens
- Facebook stock price hurting with fewer teen users? Probably not for long
- Facebook could expand facial recognition function – can you opt out?
- ‘Facebook facelift’ — would you go under the knife for a profile pic?